Black Eagle - Instinct Fletched & Crested Traditional Carbon Arrows (6x pcs)
Fletched and crested 15 Series, micro-diameter carbon arrows with a traditional wood-grain look.
The Instinct® arrow is a unique wood-grain-micro-diameter-carbon-traditional arrow on the market. Designed to be more shootable, the Micro-Diameter size helps to offset the off-centre design of most recurve and longbow risers made today. The Instinct® is coupled with Black Eagle's SUPER TOUGH Stainless Steel outserts, that weigh 100 grains, so you can have the weight up front where you want it.
Each Instinct® arrow's cresting is hand painted and quality inspected. This gives you custom arrow quality, and an attractive traditional look, all at a very affordable price. The Duracoat wood grain overlay-finish on the shaft allows for refletching and cresting. Instinct® arrows are straightness sorted, spine matched, and weight matchedto ensure the quality and toughness that you have come to expect from Black Eagle Arrows.
- The Instinct is the only wood-grain micro-diameter carbon arrow on the market today
- Micro-Diameter helps offset the off-centre design of most recurve and longbow risers
- Micro-diameter technology virtually eliminates all cross-wind drift
- These characteristics combine to produce an extremely durable and accurate hunting or target arrow
- Attractive traditional look at an affordable price
- Arrows are hand painted and fletched with 3" shield cut feathers
- .005" straightness or better (full length of shaft)
- ± 1 grain weight tolerance across the dozen, weighed and grouped to ensure the perfect match
- 34" full length
- Black Eagle M nock (6 Grain)and stainless steel outsert (100 Grain) included accepting a screw in point
- 350 (10.6 gpi), 400 (9.4 gpi), 500 (8.8 gpi), 600 (7.9 gpi)
- Sold as a 6 pack, please purchase points separately - screw in, 5/16"
To install the outsert:
- Select the right outsert for the right shaft.
- Dry fitting is recommended on all components. Slide Outserts over shaft and spin test (if you prefer)
- If Outserts does not fit that is OK. Get some 100 Grit sandpaper and lightly sand the shaft in a circular motion until the outsert fits snug on shaft. Start slowly so you don't remove too much off the arrow.
- Wipe the dust off of the shaft with a clean paper towel. (No Cleaners are recommended)
- Again, Spin test to ensure concentricity. Rotating outsert until it spins perfectly.
- Use a Silver or Black Sharpie and mark the Shaft and the Outsert for perfect alignment.
- We (Black Eagle) have tested Our fletching glue, insert/outsert glue and epoxy and all of them work great.
- Apply an even amount of glue around the shaft to ensure the glue channels get enough glue in them to hold.
- Once The outsert is glued on stand the arrow on the nock end to dry.
To see what spine is best for you, check out the Arrow Spine Chart.