Fairbow - Rebel Flat Bow (American Longbow)
The Rebel by Fairbow is a Vintage Hill style American semi longbow. The Rebel is handcrafted and shaped after the early bows by famous bowyers of days passed. Extremely narrow, (26-28 mm, just over an inch) at the widest point to just about half an inch at the string groove. Three to five layers of tempered bamboo in front of the poplar lightweight riser. No bamboo goes over the fades on the riser. This is all wedged in between Gordons Bo-Tuff ULS glass. A straight glue-up, so when you receive the bow, it will have a slight stringfollow to help you with a smooth and forgiving draw and shot, making this narrow lightweight bow smooth and a pleasure to shoot. Nocks re-enforced with a thin sliver of horn, and are small. Do not stump it in the dirt and break it.
The grip is per sec straight. No locater, no pistol, just straight and narrow, giving you pressure in the hand where it should. Covered in handstitched reverse polished leather. Nice to hold. High gloss varnish.
Recommended brace height: 5 7/8 - 7 1/2 inch
- Flemish fast-flight double looped string
- separate leather for the grip
- leather arrow pass
There is 1year Guarantee for the bows.
- Recommended draw-length: 30"
- Length: 70"
- Bow weight: 30-100lbs (5lbs increments), however as the bows are handmade there the actual bow weight might be a bit lower or higher.
- Narrow shape: 26-30 mm, just over an inch at the widest point to just under half an inch at the string groove.
- Material: 3-5 layers of tempered bamboo cores and hardwood, (NO bamboo goes over the fades on the riser) and this is all wedged in between Gordons Bo-Tuff ULS glass.
- Vintage look
- The bow has a straight glue-up construction so when you receive the bow it will have a slight string follow to help you with a smooth, forgiving draw and shot. The nocks are re-enforced with a thin sliver of horn and in true vintage style are delicate (Please don't bang them on the floor!).
- Making this narrow lightweighed bow smooth the nocks are re-enforced with a thin sliver of horn, and tiny.
- Straight grip, covered in a glued on reverse polished leather.
- High gloss varnish